From time to time, as you know I like to re-publish words of wisdom I glean from emails or other sources. This time I saw this item as a comment posting, and since this was the first time I have see this, I will attribute it to: Retired Marine MSgt in Marana, Az.
The Passing of Common Sense.
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, *Common Sense*, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as:
- Knowing when to come in out of the rain;
- Why the early bird gets the worm;
- Life isn’t always fair;
- and maybe it was my fault.
* Common Sense* lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job that they themselves had failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer sun lotion or an aspirin to a student; but could not inform parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.
* Common Sense* lost the will to live as the churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.
* Common Sense* took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar could sue you for assault.
* Common Sense* finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.
* Common Sense* was preceded in death;
- by his parents, Truth and Trust,
- by his wife, Discretion,
- by his daughter, Responsibility,
- and by his son, Reason.
- I Know My Rights
- I Want It Now
- Someone Else Is To Blame
- I’m a Victim
It’s just common sense folks:
Get out to the polls in November 2012 and VOTE zer0bama and his communistic, progressive cronies out of office.
Once again, thanks to Retired Marine MSgt in Marana, Az., and/or to whoever was the original author of this.